Which librarian should I contact?
- You may contact any librarian you’d like, but here are our specialties:
Talya Sokoll: English, performing arts, PD, Middle School, databases and ebooks.
Emily Tragert: visual arts, modern languages, history and the Walter Tower collection.
Erin Twohig: 10th grade history, science, math, classics and interlibrary loan.
Can you buy this book/DVD/database for the library?
- We frequently purchase materials for faculty members or departments. Please contact your subject specialist for help with this process.
One of my students needs an audiobook due to a concussion or learning disability. Can you help with that?
- Yes! Send the student to us and we will find them the audiobook through iTunes or our subscription to Learning Ally, a dyslexia support service.
What AV equipment does the library provide?
- See here for a list of the library’s electronic devices. The Glassroom is equipped with a projector, television, DVD/Blu-Ray player and computer hookup. We also have tripods, overhead projectors, speakers, and other AV equipment.
Does the library have ebooks? How do I access them?
- Yes, the library has a growing collection of ebooks. You can check ebooks out on your own device through Overdrive. See here for more information about Overdrive. Some ebooks are available on Kindle; in that case we can load the books you want onto a library Kindle and check it out to you.
Do you have this movie or TV show?
- The first place to look for DVDs is the DVD closet, located in the Glassroom right next door to the library office. All documentaries are arranged by subject; movies, foreign language movies and TV shows are alphabetical by title. If we don’t have the DVD, we may be able to stream it for you using our Amazon Prime account. Please contact a librarian for more help.
Is the Tower Collection available to use in my class?
- Yes! The Tower Collection is made up of many rare and antique books and can be a great resource for classes in any discipline. You can bring your class to the library to view the resources or we can bring them to your class. For more information contact Emily Tragert (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Can you teach one of my classes?
- Yes! The librarians are happy to meet with teachers one on one to discuss any way we might assist you. If you would like to bring your class here for a research lesson, please contact us.
Can I reserve space in the library for my class or a meeting?
- Yes, the Glassroom and the Corner room can both be reserved. Stop by the library office or contact a librarian to make a reservation.
Is there space in the library for me to work?
- You are welcome to use the Corner room, Glassroom, library back office or a study carrel.