The library and technology departments promote the ethical usage of digital and analog films for academic purposes. We strive to follow best practices in regards to sharing, streaming, downloading and copyright with the understanding that some films are harder to access than others.
Employees interested in using film for academic purposes (both inside and outside the classroom) should make the library staff their first point of contact. Digital film lives on the library website. Films are accessible through a variety of products. Login information is located here.
Videos are also available on DVD; please see a librarian to check one out!
Streaming options include:
- Kanopy: Great for independent films, feature films and documentaries.
- Feature Films for Classrooms: Great for, shockingly, feature films.
- PBS Online: Contains most PBS content.
- Classroom Video on Demand: Great for documentaries and short, primary source style clips.
- CBS All Access: Great for CBS news programming including 60 Minutes and Sunday Morning.
- Great Courses Plus: Thorough overviews of a variety of topics.
- Broadway HD: Watch hundreds of filmed stage productions and related material.
- Tugg: Watch a few documentaries that we own.