Please note: not all journal articles in the following databases are full-text. Please email Ms. Steim if you would like to request an article via interlibrary loan.
- Gale Science in Context A nice starting place for researching significant scientific topics. Provides magazine and newspaper articles, academic/scholarly/peer-reviewed journals, experiments, and media.
- Search all of our databases at once with Discovery Service!
- Want to see if we have full-text access to a magazine or scholarly journal? Try A-Z Locator.
- New database! For full-text articles: Elsevier ScienceDirect.
- GoogleScholar Google’s scholarly literature search.
- PDB (Protein data bank.) An information portal to biological macromolecular structures.
- Pubmed Contains biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books.
- ScienceResearch A free, publicly available deep web search engine that searches over 300 databases (*many aren’t indexed by Google*) in real-time. It also drops duplicates and returns high quality results.
What is a scholarly article? Follow the general guidelines to evaluate whether your source is high-quality